For low daytime power usage
If your daytime power usage is quite low then the most cost effective and versatile solution could be an AC solar power system with just a couple of panels. This will certainly cover the running costs of your fridge as well as other small appliances.
Unlike conventional DC systems, an AC Solar Power system has a small inverter (Micro-inverter) connected underneath each panel. This means it is possible to have a few panels facing different directions, each independently functioning to its optimum potential.
The advantages of AC solar power systems are;
- Great return on your investment
- Easily increased in size if required
- Optional monitoring of individual panels
- No large inverter visible
- Safer due to no DC current in the roof
- Battery compatible